Exceptional Quality Is The Standard
"The school enables families to be a part of the entire educational process from learning at school to reinforcing character formation and academic success at home. Parent Survey Comment, June 2022
We use student data to individualize rigorous instruction
Teachers use formal and informal assessments to gather data continuously:
- Formal assessments include NWEA MAPS testing (3 times a year for Grades 1-8 in math, reading, and language arts and science for Grades 5-8) and Acadience Reading K-6 assessments for fluency, and comprehension, phonemic awareness, and more.
- Starting in 2022-23 for 1-8, results will be shared more consistently across grade levels.
- Beginning of the Year NWEA testing and the Acadience Reading assessment results will be shared with 1st-6th grade parents at the October Parent/Teacher Conference. Parents of 7th and 8th graders will have the results emailed to them and may request a conference.
- Middle of the Year NWEA testing and the Acadience Reading assessment results will be emailed home in January and may be discussed at the request of the teacher and/or parent.
- End of the Year NWEA testing and the Acadience Reading assessment results will be sent home as a hard copy with the final report card in May.
- In grades K-3, we identify students who are below benchmark to progress monitor every two weeks for growth and development.
- Daily, we use informal assessments, such as observations, discussions, check-ins, looking for insights or roadblocks, etc. to gather data and help learners and improve teaching strategies.
“I appreciate the attention to detail the teachers provide and their genuine interest in student success.” Parent Survey Comment, June 2022
We adhere to advanced accreditations
- Christ Greenfield Preschool has maintained NAEYC Accreditation for over 25 years! The National Association for the Education of Young Children is the gold standard for Early Childhood Education.
- NLSA (National Lutheran Schools Association) and WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) visited in November of 2021. This extended our prestigious dual accreditation to 2028.
We prioritize low student-to-teacher ratio
- Our growth + class size priority = waiting lists!
- In Preschool/PreK, we go below state requirements for ratios because we value the impact on learning and relationships when there are low ratios.
- For grades K-1, there is at a minimum an Instructional Assistant for half the day, with most homerooms with full-day support staff.
- The average class size for K-8 homerooms is 18 students.
“Christ Greenfield provides an environment that is conducive to learning for all children regardless of the different needs that they all have.” Parent Survey Comment, June 2022
We employ highly qualified and professional faculty and staff
- Professional Development is a priority! All full-time faculty and support staff have an individualized professional development plan that includes a targeted focus for mastery and refinement.
- Continuing education is encouraged! Seventeen faculty and staff have earned a Master’s degree or higher. Three faculty members are currently in master’s programs with two expected to finish this school year.
- God is good! He continues to bring outstanding educational professionals to Christ Greenfield. Be sure to check out our faculty and leadership pages!